DevStark is a boutique European company of 30+ devs that develops custom web services for European and US markets.
The company has two main business directions - the service and the product.
The service line works for our clients and focuses on five industries where we have substantial experience and success cases in.
The product line works for our own internal projects that we have already developed and delivered to the market. Our current focus is on scaling and selling.
About the position
We're looking for an experienced project manager with a strong technical background to work on projects in both lines mentioned above.
Being a part of our team, you will work with really challenging, sophisticated, and innovative projects where we solve interesting problems using cutting-edge tech stack and the world’s best practices.
- Performing daily stand-up calls with the dev team to ensure the delivery is going on schedule;
- Performing sprint plannings, estimating tasks, defining priorities, aligning plans with clients;
- Setting deadlines to development team members and ensuring they are going to be met;
- Analyzing client’s needs and performing communication with the dev team to come up with the best ways to meet them;
- Being proactive, improving management processes, making an effort and introducing better tools, etc.;
- Keeping the whole team on the same page in terms of how the project development is going, what is being built, and what the main goals are;
- Keeping an eye on the process, communicating with clients, resolving blockers to keep the delivery rhythm smooth;
- Ensuring stakeholders' satisfaction with the project's deliverables;
- Solving issues that arise along the way (operational troubleshooting);
- Leading and controlling releases, compiling the release notes;
- Compiling monthly reports;
- Documenting the requirements, writing and maintaining the project knowledge base, etc.
Must have skills and experience
We assume that an ideal candidate has the most of the following skills and qualifications:
- Common technical background - understanding of the basics like what are client, server, API, HTTP, and how things work in general
- 1/2+ years experience as a project manager on projects with the dev team of 5-15 members;
- Strong self-management and self-organizational skills, experience working remotely;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Understanding of fundamental software development lifecycle stages (e.g. requirements, design, development, testing, delivery) and internal processes;
- Capability to carry on written communication in English (e-mails and chats);
- Ability to conduct technical calls in English;
- Well-developed soft skills.
Nice to have
- Degree in Programming, Informatics, or another similar field;
- Desire to become a part of a small, flexible, and agile team of experienced enthusiasts and grow alongside them;
- Desire to investigate how to manage better and make the process more efficient, introduce new tools, and be up-to-date with technologies, methodologies, and project management processes.
- Decent salary, revisable within a 6-month cycle;
- Fully remote work from anywhere you want;
- 40-hr work week with a flexible schedule;
- Slack & Google Workspaces communication;
- Paid courses at services like Udemy, at the expense of the company;
- Bureaucracy-free processes;
- Flexible day-offs, upon request;
- Flexible paid vacation;
- A wide range of interesting projects where you'll be able to get your hands on cutting-edge things;
- Friendly team with a warm internal climate, that is always ready to help.