DevStark is a boutique European company of 30+ devs that develops custom web services for European and US markets.
The company has two main business directions - the service and the product.
The service line works for our clients and focuses on five industries where we have substantial experience and success cases in.
The product line works for our own internal projects that we have already developed and delivered to the market. Our current focus is on scaling and selling.
About the position
We're looking for an experienced middle/senior-level backend developer to work on projects in both lines mentioned above.
Being a part of our team, you will work with really challenging, sophisticated, and innovative projects where we solve interesting problems using cutting-edge tech stack and the world’s best practices.
The tech stack is all around Node, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Building an architecture of backend applications;
- Analyzing requirements and coming up with an implementation;
- Being proactive, improving everything that can be improved (UI, UX, performance, infrastructure, whatever);
- Capability to make and meet estimates;
- Collaboration with team members;
- Collaboration with external teams (BA/QA etc);
- Writing a clean and clear code;
- Performing refactoring;
- Participation in architecture design sessions and other brainstorming events.
Must have skills and experience
We assume that an ideal candidate has the most of the following skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years experience as middle/senior backend developer with a focus on custom software development projects;
- Strong self-management and self-organizational skills, experience working remotely;
- Understanding of fundamental software development lifecycle stages (e.g. requirements, design, development, testing, delivery) and internal processes;
- Capability to carry on written communication in English (e-mails and chats);
- Ability to use Google and StackOverflow like a God;
- Well-developed soft skills.
Nice to have
- Ability to conduct technical calls in English;
- Degree in Programming, Informatics, or another similar field;
- Desire to become a part of a small, flexible, and agile team of experienced enthusiasts and grow alongside them;
- Desire to investigate how things work, introduce new tools, and be up-to-date with technology;
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Decent salary, revisable within a 6-month cycle;
- Fully remote work from anywhere you want;
- 40-hr work week with a flexible schedule;
- Slack & GSuite communication;
- Paid courses at services like Udemy, at the expense of the company;
- Bureaucracy-free processes;
- Flexible day-offs, upon request;
- Flexible paid vacation;
- A wide range of interesting projects where you'll be able to get your hands on cutting-edge things;
- Friendly team with a warm internal climate, that is always ready to help.